Sunday, March 8, 2015

Matt Simons (March 8, 2015)

I first saw Matt Simons before I heard him.  He was opening a small show for his good friend (and previously featured Emerge Music artist) Chris Ayer.  I was impressed with Matt's voice and sound and enjoyed the experience.  He has kind of lingered just outside my radar for the last 2 years until his latest album, "Catch and & Release" came to my attention. Once I got a listen to this batch of songs I new he had taken that next step to becoming a truly outstanding artist. "You Can Come Back Home" has an upbeat and easy groove that puts Matt in the same class as Andy Grammer, Eric Hutchinson or Matt Hires. And then I heard the title track and realized I had just found one of my favorite songs of 2015.  The song is gorgeous, warm and surprisingly simple but beautifully layered with the most beautiful harmonies in the chorus that I can't get enough of. The album continues to showcase Matt's diversity as an artist incorporating pop, electronic, rock and folk elements. It's a phenomenal album in every way - go find out for yourself!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment