Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blitz Kids (January 19, 2014)

Based on how this year is starting  it appears that 2014 is going to be an incredible year in music! There are FOUR new albums coming out this week that I'm excited about, including this week's featured artist Blitz Kids, who are releasing "The Good Youth" (out Monday in the UK and I've been told it's coming out in the US about the same time - I hope that's true).  This is high energy, smart music that lyrically deals with all sorts of issues. Each song sounds like an anthem/theme song and the music is current but also conjures up memories of great bands of the past twenty or so years.

The album is streaming on Rocksound and I can't wait to have every song on my iPod to take with me!  I can't get enough of these guys!!

And if you were wondering, the other bands releasing albums this week are Deaf Havana, Natives and A Great Big World - all of them should be outstanding albums!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment