Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Nighttime Adventure Society (July 22, 2012)

The Nighttime Adventure Society has captured my ears and my heart.  I am a little biased because I've known the lead singer since she was a freshman in high school, but this band has sucked me in with their jangly indie rock.  "Washington, DC" is a sunny pop song even while struggling with the challenge of living in the nation's capital.  This is just one of the really good songs from their debut album "Chapter One: The First Chapter."  Recent songs "Older Boys" and Beatles cover "I'm So Tired" keep the momentum moving forward.

All of their music can be streamed on their bandcamp site (http://nighttimeadventuresociety.bandcamp.com/) and can be downloaded when you "name your own price."

Those of you in the Washington, DC area should definitely try and check out their headlining gig at the Black Cat this Saturday night (July 28) that also includes previously featured Emerge band Mike and Cody.

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment