Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jessica Ashley (July 8, 2012)

Honestly, when I first saw Jessica Ashley's name and photo on a website I was sure I was about to hear a new teen bubble gum pop or country sensation (or wanna-be). What I didn't expect was to hear an incredible R&B artist who could be this generation's Mariah Carey or Alicia Keys.  Jessica has just released her debut EP "Prelude" and it's outstanding. R&B isn't generally one of the genres that I am drawn towards but this girl is something special.  She's only 19 years old and is already releasing some of the best songs of the year.  "24 Hours" is a simply stunning song that I can't get enough off.  "Neverland" could (and should) be a radio hit right now. It's only a 5 song EP but it's simply brilliant.  This is not just another pretty face (but she's that too) - this is a talent to be recognized and admired!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment