Sunday, March 9, 2014

Carleton Stone (March 9, 2014)

Few things get me to check out a new artist faster than a recommendation from another artist I like/respect.  And that's how I came across Carleton Stone and his brand new release "Draws Blood."  This Canadian singer, recommended by Andrew Austin (who co-wrote one of the songs), is everything I'm looking for in music.  He has a great voice, the songs don't all sound the same (but each one sounds great) and the songs are interesting, enjoyable and make me happy. Carleton references several singers that he compares himself to and I would add Jackson Browne to that list - a soulful yet easy sound to his vocals.  I keep listening to this album over and over again and I just like it more and more.  Check it out, available now on iTunes!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment