Sunday, April 5, 2015

Will Hoge (April 5, 2015)

It seems a bit funny to feature Will Hoge as he prepares to release his 10th album, especially since I've been a fan for years and even had the privilege to see him live and meet him years ago.  He has so much great music in his past including one of my all time favorite songs, "Baby Girl."  This song stayed in my head for almost 10 years until the birth of my first daughter.  Will's new album "Small Town Dreams" is coming out on Tuesday and the first few songs that have been released are incredible.  The comparison I keep coming back to is a modern day John Cougar Mellencamp. These songs come from the heartland and tell stories of the people, the places and the moments in life.  Start with "Middle of America" and also be sure to check out "They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To." I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the album in a few short days and hope you will give it a listen as well!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment