Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hailey Steele (November 16, 2014)

Hailey Steele is a great representation of the incredible music coming out of modern day Nashville.  She is a country artist (who previously appeared on The Voice) and she owns that label even though her music is easily enjoyed by those who like singer songwriters and people who generally say "oh, I don't like country music."

Her new EP is coming out this Tuesday (Nov 18) and having spent hours and hours listening to it I can verify that it's outstanding!  Hailey has an incredible voice that brings in just enough of that raspy quality to give her sweet sound a little grit.  The songs are instantly singable and catchy and each stands strong on its own. Many new artists fall into a trap where each song starts off the same or sounds almost identical but not here. Each song, from the first note to the last, has something different about it.  The first song that really grabbed my attention was "High Horse" which has a chorus that just makes me melt. Not sure why but I can't get enough of it. "Getaway Car" is a great track and could easily be a hit single. "Diamonds" is a favorite because I love the imagery and using the idea of diamonds in a different way.  There are only 5 tracks on the album but they are 5 outstanding songs.  Not only do I love then, but my 3 year old daughter is obsessed and has quickly learned the words too (see below).  I hope you'll take a listen as well!


Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment