Sunday, November 18, 2012

American Authors (November 18, 2012)

Even though most of the bands I feature are mostly unknown they often have thousands if not tens of thousands of followers.  But this week I'm excited to let you know about American Authors (https://www.facebook.com/weareamericanauthors) a new band out of Brooklyn that is still on their way to their first 1,000 "likes" on Facebook.

I was immediately intrigued by this band from the first time I heard their song "Feels Like Yesterday."  The lead singer had a great voice and there is just something special about the music this band creates.  If I needed to be further sold that was done quickly when I heard "Blowing Up" which starts off slowly, builds and has one of the most addictive choruses I've heard in a very long time.  I can't remember the last time I was so drawn in by a great drum part.  To top everything off they entered a contest (which they just won) and did an unreal cover of the Cyndi Lauper song "True Colors" (one of my all time favorite songs).  Please check out the video: http://youtu.be/b2zqlWZ3SbE

At this time they don't have any music for sale but go to their Facebook page and click "LISTEN" and then like them and follow them and realize that you are one of the lucky few that will be able to say "I knew this band before anyone else!"  They are amazing!

Have a great week, Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment