Sunday, October 19, 2014

Paperwhite (October 19, 2014)

We used to live in a world where musical genres were broad and general (rock, pop, R&B, country) but now there seem to be an endless number of narrowly defined categories (pop punk, surf pop, acid rock, mathcore, etc.). So I don't generally pay a lot of attention to these categories - until I came across paperwhite which calls itself "dream pop." I had no idea that that meant until I started listening to their music and it all made sense.  This brother/sister duo has created light and airy pop music that seems to float among the clouds.  Dream pop does not, in this case, mean sleepy but rather imagine a great dream where you are floating on air;  just happy, seeing all of the people and places you want to go and enjoying a beautiful day. That's what papewhite brings to mind.  Check out their latest single "Pieces" or my other favorite "Take Me Back." Right now they only have a few singles out but an EP is in the works.  I for one can't wait to hear what else they come up with.

Have a great week and enjoy the music,
Ira

Listen to their music here: https://soundcloud.com/paperwhite

No comments:

Post a Comment