Sunday, June 23, 2013

The David Wax Museum (June 23, 2013)

I liked The David Wax Museum the first time I heard them - and then I had the opportunity to see them live and I was hooked!  Not only a great band name (lead singer is David Wax) but an incredible fusion of indie rock and Mexican folk music. Their latest album "Knock Knock Get Up" is full of maracas, accordions, hand claps and other percussion instruments which I honestly can't name.  It is fun, feel good and simply good music.  Their live shows are so much fun and I highly recommend you catch a live show if you have the opportunity!

A great example of their sound is "Born With A Broken Heart" which can be downloaded as part of a free sampler at http://noisetrade.com/davidwaxmuseum/noisetrade-sampler.  This is great music for outdoor barbecues, summer driving or really any upbeat activity.

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment