Sunday, April 14, 2013

Olly Murs (April 14, 2013)

This week's featured artist is Olly Murs and I have to be honest that I'm not sure how much he fits in with the typical "emerge" label.  Olly has a big following in the UK as a former contestant on "The X Factor" over there and he has over 2 million followers on Facebook and even more on Twitter. But I had never heard of him and he is just starting to try and make a name for himself in the US. He's about to go on tour, appear on Good Morning America, etc.  His album, being released this Tuesday (4/16) is called "Right Place Right Time" and is really good!  There are a ton of styles but I can see why people compare him to Justin Timberlake. He has a great sound, a lot of pop with some urban influences (he has a song with Flo Rida and with Chiddy Bang). You can give the whole album a listen for free here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/12.

Olly may not be new to you, but he is to me and to much of the US - but I have a feeling that won't be the case for long.

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira 

No comments:

Post a Comment