Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Lone Bellow (January 20, 2013)

I was so excited to blog about The Lone Bellow and their debut album being released this week and then it started to happen. NPR featured them, iTunes showcased their song "Bleeding Out" as their free single of the week and Entertainment Weekly called them a "buzz" band in their most recent issue.  But I still don't feel like enough people know about this fantastic new band so I'm sticking with my guns and sharing them here too!

Their debut, self titled album is outstanding.  It begins with one of my favorites, "Green Eyes And a Heart of Gold" and goes strong throughout.  There is reason to liken them to Mumford and Sons and The Lumineers but I think this band has a sound that is all their own. I'd rather call them a cross between those bands and Lady Antebellum with a little bit of a country slant to them.  Check them out for yourself (and if nothing else download the free song from iTunes) and give them a listen!

Have a great week and enjoy the music!
Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment