Today is the Emerge Music Group 5 year anniversary! Our first post was July 1, 2007 and here we are 5 years later still bringing you great new bands week in and week out. Please keep supporting this group by checking out the bands and encouraging/inviting your friends to be part of the group!
In honor of this anniversary we're sharing "5 for 5" - featuring 5 bands that we have shared before but who have new music out!
1. Green River Ordinance (originally featured 9/16/07) - GRO continues to impress and their latest album "Under Fire" is more evidence as to why this hard working pop/rock band deserves your attention! Head over to their website for free downloads and more!
2. kirsten proffit (originally featured 11/2/08) - I've loved Kirsten's voice from the first time I heard it so many years ago. She's put out a few things here and there but it's been a while since there's been a full new record. "My Devotion" has definitely been worth the wait. While it may sound like a worship record, it's not (other than I somewhat worship Kirsten and her amazing sound) but it's a wonderful folk/pop singer/songwriter album that just brings a smile to my face.
3. Hey Ocean (originally featured 4/5/09) - Their brand new album "IS" might just be the best album of 2012! There are too many good songs on the album for me to only highlight one or two. I listen to this album nonstop and love everything about it. It's simply great pop music. And if you ask me, I think their song "Make A New Dance Up" should be the next big song (ala "Call Me Maybe").
4. Melodime (originally featured 4/1//10) - oh I LOVE this band! Their lead singer (Bradley) has a voice that just soothes my soul. Want to talk about a guy who I would pay to sing the phone book - this is that guy. But the band as a whole is phenomenal and their new album "3 Reasons for Fighting" is tremendous. Melodime has everything working in its favor and I can't wait to tell people "I knew them when...."
5. Delta Rae (originally featured 3/27/11) - I am so proud of this group that a year ago was giving away free songs and covers on a weekly basis and just a week or so ago appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. What a year it's been. They bring together so many different styles of music, trade off male and female vocals, and play more instruments than I can count. They have beautiful voices, beautiful songs and their full length debut album "Carry The Fire" is one that everyone should hear and own.
Thank you so much to everyone who reads these updates on a regular or somewhat regular basis. I truly believe all of the bands we feature are worth your time. And please help the bands and this group by inviting a friend or two who loves new music to join in on the fun.
Thanks for 5 great years! Have a great week and enjoy the music!